For the new year, make a commitment to these five resolutions which can make a huge difference to your skin and to your life!
5. Do you smoke? If so, make efforts to stop by seeking out support groups or your healthcare professional. We all know the risks of smoking and lung cancer but do you know that smoking causes damage to your skin, making it age faster? You may have noticed vertical lines around the lips, wrinkles, poor skin tone, or blotches and stains on your skin. Not to mention, smoking wreaks havoc on the teeth and gums as well. Here are some photos of what smoking can do to your skin.
4. Do you suntan or go to tanning booths? Opt for sunless spray tan instead. The UV rays cause damage to your skin — making it look old and increasing your risk for skin cancer at the same time.
3. On a related note, make a commitment to wearing sunscreen. Prevent sun damage and prevent skin cancer.
2. Get to know your skin with monthly self-skin examinations. You can’t tell what’s changing or not unless you know what your skin looks like to begin with.
1. Do you have a mole or growth that you’re concerned about and have been putting off? See you dermatologist. Catch a skin cancer early not late!
Happy New Year and best wishes for your health in 2012!